Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Captain America Reborn #2 - Marvel

From what I gather from this . . Cap's essence, his spirit, was sent back along his history, his memories . . before he was killed. It looks to me like whomever schemed this series of events, tried to hide Cap in the one place no one would think to look . . inside of himself. But the part I don't understand is . . his body still died. So even if whomever did this has some way of retrieving his essence, his spirit . . what will they encase it in? Where will it find home? And . . if it's his essence, his spirit, in a different or cloned body . . is it really him? Most of this issue is spent with Cap reliving some of his old memories. He's trying to figure out what the connection between all of them are, but . . right now he's still confused about the whole process. However, it seems as if he's beginning to glean a little insight the more he's stuck in this situation. He knows he has to find someone to talk to . . "I need a scientist . . someone to help me find a way out of this nightmare . . a way back to my own time . . if that's even possible." In the present, Reed, Sharon and Hank are trying to figure out things from their end. Right now Reed's looking to the notes from Tony's autopsy of Steve to try to see anything that may jump out at them. The Falcon is also trying to aid in this endeavor, but he's out on recon right now. Meanwhile, Norman is trying to gather forces of his own. He's trying to bring Crossbones and Sin around to his way of thinking, which right now includes . . "I know some things I didn't when I took this office. Things about the assassination of Captain America . . things your old friend Dr Zola revealed . . things that make the two of you very useful to me. Because a reborn Captain America under my control, leading my Avengers . . that would be a tremendous asset. Even if your father's mind was inside Rogers's body. Now. Do we have a deal?" The issue ends with Norman's capture of Bucky and Black Widow. What he really wants is Sharon Carter. So he's offered them a deal. He'll let Black Widow go, to give a message to Sharon. "Tell her she's got 24 hours to turn herself in . . or she won't just have the fate of one Captain America on her conscience." I thought this was a great issue by Ed Brubaker, Bryan Hitch and Butch Guice. Ed has weaved together a fantastic story here, and Bryan and Butch's art really brought it to life. I can't wait to see how this was all accomplished, and how Cap can possibly reenter the real universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment