Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Billy Batson and the Magic of SHAZAM! #7 - DC

I know this book's juvenile, but . . I like it. It's a fun read. I think Art Baltazar and Franco have done a good job with the stories so far. Now we have Byron Vaughns doing the art. It looked ok. It fit the 'kid' theme of this book. I just miss Mike Hunkle's stuff. Anyways, Dr Sivana is back and he's looking for a way to take down the Big Red Cheese. He's brought one of his robots back. He's powering it with the lightning of SHAZAM!, which he's captured rather duplicitously, and he's got Tawky Tawny as the heart of the beast. I'm sure Billy and Mary can beat it, but now they're going to have to be extra careful. Anyways, all of this is occurring because SHAZAM!, the wizard back at the Rock of Eternity, is concerned because the statues of the seven deadly sins seem to be opening thier eyes ever so slightly. Which I guess means that evil is creeping out into the world. Like I said, I like this book. It's a quick read. And Captain Marvel is one of my favorite characters. Barring any other source of new material . . this is my monthly fix. Plus I think it's a book that the kids will like also.

No comments:

Post a Comment