Monday, December 28, 2009

the Web #4 - DC

I have to admit, I'm liking this book . . and character, more and more with every issue. I think Angela Robinson is introducing some really neat ideas into this book and story. I thought the whole 'web-host' idea, where he gives wanna-be super-heroes a chance to show what they can do. He realizes that there's just to many people out there looking for help, or a miracle. There's only so much he can do. So his idea was to franchise support and allow him to concentrate on his most important case . . who killed his brother. However, this issue he finds that he's taken his eye off his 'web-hosts' for just a little to long. They've decided to go rogue. Or, I guess I should say . . they've decided to eliminate their franchise contract and perform as solo artists. Unfortunately this all happens as he goes to confront Deuces Wilde, the man whom he's pretty sure killed his brother . . or at least he gave the order. These rogue Web-impostors, he finds out, are the least of his problems. When he does finally ditch them, he goes back for Deuce only to find out that the drug he's been making, selling and taking has given him the power to see into the future. It's hard to fight a guy who knows everything you're going to do or say. He says that he'll take down April and his brother's charity, Safe Harbor House with him. So John walks away . . for now. He's got to find a different way to go at him. Which really pisses April off. She was hoping that John would kill him. So overall . . I liked it. I also enjoyed Roger Robinson's art. I think this book and character has a future. As long as Angela can keep the good ideas flowing. However, the back-up story . . Hangman, by John Rozum and Tom Derenick . . I'm having a much harder time getting in to. It's not that it's bad. The art, with Bill Sienkiewicz doing the inks, is really amazing. But the story . . to me, it's kind of boring. I'm just having a hard time maintaining interest. Anyways, I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment