Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Vengeance of the Moon Knight #3 - Marvel

Marc Spector is back, and he appears to be sane. Or, I guess I should say . . saner than he used to be. But so far the only thing he's accomplished is pissing off Norman Osborn. In fact he's so mad about the Moon Knight's return that he's got the Hood and the Profile helping him to bring Moon Knight down. So far they've resurrected Raoul Bushman. You know . . that guy that Marc ripped his face off, and then killed him. Oh yeah, and he's been haunting him ever since. Also the Scarecrow. And just to make sure they cover all the bases, they've gone to Ravencroft and released all the inmates in an attempt to draw the Moon Knight out. Personally, I don't think that drawing him out is the problem. What they're going to do with him after he comes out . . that could be a problem. It's also helping Marc that a lot of the old gang is coming back together. This issue, after seeing the problems at Ravencroft, Marc is ready to go do what he can to round up all the lunatics, but . . he doesn't have a pilot available. 'I can't do everything myself.' But, just as he's about to try . . Frenchie shows up. Maybe these guys will finally be able to bury the hatchet. Anyways, he makes a good effort at Ravencroft, but . . he see's the Bushman in the shadows. I'm sure he doesn't even suspect that the guy might be alive again. All the inmates are starting to gather around him. And the Scarecrow hasn't even got involved yet. To go solo on a mission like this . . I think he might've bit off a little more than he can chew. Now we'll see how many friends he really has. I'm enjoying this new direction . . so far. I think Greff Hurwitz is doing a pretty decent job with the story. It'll be nice for Marc to have a supporting cast again. I know the Moon Knight is pretty much a solo character, but . . it's the people around him that make him interesting. Other than that . . he's just some guy who goes around beating up bad guys. I'm also enjoying Jerome Opena's art. This guy really does get better and better with every issue. He draws some great fight scenes. But to me the best was the scene where Marc and Frenchie see each other for the first time. Well . . first time in a long time. This book stands a good chance of lasting. As long as they don't fall into old patterns. It's ok to go there every once in a while. Hopefully just to reminisce, or try not to repeat previous mistakes. I just don't want to see Marc get stuck there . . again. I'll stay with this one as long as it holds my interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment