Tuesday, December 22, 2009

the Amazing Spider-man #615 - Marvel

I wasn't overly thrilled with this issue. We start out with a little girl who just lost her mother. Her name is Keemia and I think she may be the illegitimate daughter of Flint Marko . . the Sandman. You probably could've guessed that by the cover though. Anyways, Peter gets on the trail because of some evidence that's stolen from the evidence locker and is friend Carlie is getting set up to take the blame. You can mess with Peter, but don't mess with his friends. Anyways, he finds out that the 3 people killed was a waitress, Keemia's mom, a lawyer and a concert promoter. We're not exactly sure why Flint killed Alma, Keemia's mom. Unless it was just a domestic dispute. I guess she'd been hassled lately by Flint and she went to a lawyer to get a restraining order. Yes it was the same lawyer that was killed. The concert promoter was responsible for Governor's Island, which is pretty much abandoned this time of year, and would make a great spot to hide somebody. Spider-man performs the role of detective this issue, but . . it really wasn't to hard to put all of these pieces together. The interesting part of the story was the new shapes that Flint adopts to keep under the radar . . Peter's new webbing . .'I decided it was no more Mr Nice Spidey. I cooked up some web-fluid laced with hydrofluoric acid. It's dissolving your individual granules.' However, since Flint can control all the sand . . he's already adapted by making himself extra bodies. At the end, Spider-man is attacked by a dozen Sand-men, all looking like Flint, but of various shapes and sizes. Again, I thought it was a different approach, but . . it still seemed very predictable. A few twists along the way, but overall . . actually a kind of boring Spider-man story. Fred Van Lente tried to pull it all together, but it just didn't seem like a Spider-man story. I'm not sure what it seemed like, actually, but . . with all the supporting cast and various plot-lines that are floating around out there I just thought that this one was to straight forward. Maybe it's just me. I just felt like we could've gone in a whole lot of other directions while still staying true to the story. I also wasn't thrilled with Javier Pulido's art. It was done in a very basic style and I just didn't really like it. It also didn't seem to fit the Spider-man book. It's probably just me, but . . it's just how I felt.

No comments:

Post a Comment