Monday, December 28, 2009

Secret Warriors #11 - Marvel

I love Jim Cheung's covers on this book. I think they're awesome. Plus, Stefano Caselli's art grows on me more and more every issue. There's a scene in the front of the book where Fury enters Daisy's room in the middle of the night. It's done in grayish tones. I think it's perfect. Anyways, this is another superbly written book by Jonathan Hickman. This issue though we're given a whole lot of puzzle pieces. Fury invites Daisy to join . . something. We don't know exactly what it is by it involves Dum-Dum Dugan, Olivia Hooks, Alexander Peirce and his son Mikel. Alexander leads Fury's black team, while Mikel leads the gray. So I would assume that Daisy's team is the white. Anyways, Fury wants them to work together for the time being. 'Up until now, all three of you have operated independently . . from here on out, your objectives will be intertwined. First? You strap it on tight, son. 'Cause hell's comin' . . and I'm comin' right behind it.' We also see that Leviathan is looking for something. He strikes the Silver Samurai and the stronghold of the Clan Yashida first. He says he's looking for some type of box, but he soon finds out that it's no longer there. He then hits Nemesis, the HYDRA shipyards and attacks Gorgon. We're left with them coming face to face. We also get a little glimpse of how 8 years ago the Kraken delivered the sword, the Godkiller, to Gorgon. We also see that Jerry has taken Yo-Yo to Puerto Rico to see her parents. She's scared to death to see them because they haven't seen her since the operation . . you know when her arms were replaced with cybernetics. Anyways, it seems like were getting set up for something big here, but . . I don't know what that is, just yet. I think this is a great book. I love the spy and espionage stuff. And I think Jonathan is doing a great job with these characters. This is one of my favorite books every month.

No comments:

Post a Comment