Monday, December 28, 2009

Billy Batson and the Magic of SHAZAM! #11 - DC

I enjoy this book. I'm a huge SHAZAM! fan, and I think this series is a great homage to the earliest series. Maybe not so much with the art and style, but with the feeling of the book. It just has that innocent naive kind of feel to it. Anyways, Captain Marvel and Billy have been going through a lot of stuff lately. Both of them seem unable to control the rage or the evil within them. So they all decide to go to the Rock of Eternity to see if the Wizard can do anything to help him out. By this time though, Billy is pretty out of it so his sister Mary and Tawny have to accompany him there. The Wizard decides to try to pull the evil influence out of him, and because of the unpredictable nature that the rock seems to have effecting magic, we end up with a reverse-SHAZAM!. However, long story short, we find out that it's actually Mr Mind. Art Baltazar and Franco are doing a good job with the stories here. I think that they're keeping them accessible to a younger audience, while at the same time making them nostalgic enough for the older readers. Byron Vaughns does the art this issue. I know he's done this book before, but it seems like he's using a different style for this one. I don't know that it's good or bad . . it's just different. Anyways, I hope they keep this book around for a a long time to come. I dig it.

No comments:

Post a Comment