Sunday, December 13, 2009

the Shield #4 - DC

Well after Lt Higgins last mission in Biayla, he has returned to base to check his systems, be re-outfitted, and sent back out on another important mission. But Joe, who's been trying to find his dad, is starting to wonder if they're keeping him busy to remove his focus. He's starting to wonder why they don't seem to keen on him reconnecting with his father, and . . he asks someone he respects . .'Is there a reason I shouldn't be looking for my dad?' Of course he doesn't get an answer, but by that . . he does. As he's leaving for his mission he contacts the Web and asks him to look into General Latham. We see that the General isn't very happy about the current situation, but . . I'm kind of thinking that he's also keeping Lt Higgins busy to keep him out of the hands of General Lane. General Lane seems to be scooping up every asset he can get his hands on. I think General Latham is trying to keep him from getting his hands on 'his'. Anyways, down in South America, Brazil, there appears to be villages of people that are disappearing , and there's been attacks of foreign business' that have set up shop there to try to help get the country back up on it's feet. We see that the attacks seem to have been done by Nazi robots. Although I'm not sure why they're collecting people. I'm guessing that they're hitting the business' to try to keep outside eyes from seeing that they've set up shop in this country. Anyways, the Shield arrives as they attack one of the buildings. When he physically takes out one of the robots, the others decide to leave. But that leaves him standing in the wreckage when the Great Ten arrive. I thought this was an interesting story by Eric S Trautmann and Cliff Richards. Eric is still handling it like a military book, but . . it seems that we learn more and more about Lt Higgins with every issue. There's a lot of potential here, I just think he needs to get the readers bought into the characters more. It's getting there . . slowly. In the back-up we learn some more about the Inferno. But again, it's coming slowly . . and in pieces. I keep waiting for the 'revelation' story. Brandon Jerwa and Greg Scott are doing a decent job with it. This part just doesn't keep my interest very well. I have high hopes for these Red Circle books. I just think we need to speed up the process a bit. I'd just hate to see them fall by the way-side because of lack of interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment