Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Dark Avengers #12 - Marvel

Last issue we found out that this little town . . actually, it's just a rest-stop along a deserted stretch of highway . . this little burb was being controlled by Owen Reese, the Molecule Man. According to him, this is where he was born. And for some reason . . he's decided to come back here and claim it as his own. Now Owen's pretty powerful, and during the course of his reign here he's sucked in or atomized 44 various people. That is, until Norman Osborn and his Avengers showed up. However, with the Avengers and all of HAMMER at his disposal, Owen still readily defeated them and pretty much wiped them from existence. Victoria Hand tries to manipulate the situation a bit, after Norman disappears. But it's Bob, the Sentry, that really has the good fortune of taking Owen out. It turns out, this issue, that Bob learns something about himself. 'I can control the molecules of my world. That's how I do what I do. I never knew that. How could I? No one could. Not Reed Richards. Not Tony Stark. All they knew was I was different. We're all different. Now I can see how and why. Now I can control it.' So far I've thought that the Sentry was a pretty neat character. But now? Now he's just become a whole lot scarier. Before he leaves, Moonstone talks him into talking to her as a psychiatrist . . at a later date. Anyways, later on, in Norman's bunker, Victoria gives him a little piece of her mind. She wants him to check himself out also . . after what the Molecule Man did to him. He's still struggling with those inner demons. But we get a hint this issue that maybe all of Norman's problems aren't of his own providence. It appears that Loki is in the background manipulating him. Brian Bendis is doing a fantastic job with this book. I really like this one. And I didn't think I would. As usual Mike Deodato does the art. But on this issue, as with the last, Greg Horn does contribute a couple of pages. They look fantastic. If you haven't been reading this . . you really should. Overall, it's really a pretty neat book.

No comments:

Post a Comment