Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Supergirl #48 - DC

A few little points of interest this issue . . Inspector Henderson is back, and on the job. Kara finally learns that there's some kind of health issue going on with Lana. The problem is . . nobody has any idea what it is. All they know is that it's attacking her immune system. But most of this issue is spent on bringing us up to speed on the Silver Banshee. It appears that she's looking for the seven heirlooms of the McDougal clan. It's the only way to break the curse that's been put on her by souls of the clansmen and women before her. Inspector Henderson has come into possession of one of them. He was sent a letter by Captain Tanner saying that it would be in his hand if they found him dead. Which they did, and Inspector Henderson took it. However, he soon found out that the reason the heirlooms are hidden is because they hide themselves inside the people that have them. He soon found out that when he got near another of the heirlooms his arm glows. But now the Silver Banshee has also found a way to track them and he's afraid that she's closing in on him. Of course, next thing you know . . she attacks. Her scream takes away Kara's hearing, but the Inspector points to a box that he wants her to see. When she opens it, she's attacked by some kind of magical force, and the next thing we know Kara looks like a cross between Supergirl and the Silver Banshee. I guess you'd call her Super-Banshee. Personally, I've never really liked the Silver Banshee character. I don't know why. She just seemed kind of kooky to me. Anyways, I thought this was an interesting issue, despite that. Sterling Gates did a good job keeping the story interesting. But I have to say that I think Fernando Dagnino did a great job with the art. He's an artist that hasn't been around for a long time, but every time I see his work I think it gets better. Anyways, I hope they wrap up this Silver Banshee thing next issue because I'm much more interested in seeing what's going on with Lana.

No comments:

Post a Comment