Sunday, December 13, 2009

Necrosha - the Gathering #1 - Marvel

As the title suggests, this book tells the stories of how Selene gathered her inner circle together. It shows the methods that they used to coerce their cooperation. Well . . all except Senyaka. He came along most willingly. All of the stories are written by Craig Kyle and Christopher Yost. There's just different artists for each one. The first story is about Wither, Kevin Ford. Basically, Selene seduces him. I think he's so taken with her because she's probably the first person he's been able to touch without having to worry about killing them. Then, once she has him under her thumb, she gets him to kill some innocents for her. He doesn't want to at first, but then he gives in to the anger and sees Josh Foley and Laurie instead of the people she's picked. He kills Josh willingly. He hesitates with Laurie, but then realizes it's not her and kills her anyways. Once he does that . . he's all Selene's. Ibraim Robertson provided the art for this chapter. Next came Blink. She wasn't to hard to convince. After she blinked out of existence trying to save the X-Men she was stuck in a place between life and death. Selene found her and pulled her out. All she had to tell her was that she was easy to find, but no one else was looking . . not the X-Men, or Emma Frost . . only her. She then willingly became part of her group. Gabriel Hernandez Walta provides the art for this chapter. Next, like I said, Senyaka required no subterfuge. 'If you wish me to kill for you, then I will. You need not trick me, or convince me . . I will kill for you. I have killed for Magneto, for Exodus, for Sinister. But you. You are different. I can smell the death on you. And I like it.' This story was by Leonardo Manco. Next comes Mortis. I thought this story was a little confusing, but eventually Selene wins Lois over by tricking her into killing her father. Also she fed on her resentment towards Allison. After that happens she just pulls her in. This art was by Kalman Andrasofszky. And finally Mateus Santolouco brings us the chapter on Eliphas, Eli Bard. We saw most of his story in the first chapter of this story-line . . back in X-Force when we were first introduced to him. But this one gives us a little more information. And it shows us that Eli isn't really serving Selene, but rather is in an uncontrollable love with her. That's not to say that his love won't change, but . . for now he serves her needs by raising the dead mutants to follow her. I thought that Blink would be the weak link in this chain, but . . I'm starting to think that it may be him. But that won't be for a while, so . . we'll see what happens. I thought that this was a very informative book. And I loved Clayton Crain's cover. To me, it almost looked like a poster for a movie. It just had that vibe to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment