Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Outsiders #25 - DC

This issue wraps up the Blackest Night cross-over. Last issue Tara showed back up and she's begging for Brion to kill her . . to end her undead resurrection. But come on . . you had to know that it was all an act. I mean . . of all the Black Lanterns that have showed up, Tara is the only one that seems able to shake the influence of Nekron? So as I'm reading this, as well as the last issue, I was just waiting for the moment when her true nature was revealed. And of course that happens this issue. I'm not exactly sure why, but it was almost as if she was choosing the emotional spectrum that she wanted to feed on . . love and hope. But then of course, once revealed, all she got was anger and rage. So anyways, while the guys are fighting Tara, Katana is facing her own demons with Creeper, Halo and Killer Croc. Her husband and children have come after her. A couple of interesting things happen here . . first, when Katana shoves her soul sword into her husband she sees the things that Nekron is doing and his plans or dreams. It affects her so much she almost passes out from the dark visions. Secondly, Halo seems to have her light powers amped up. She's not sure how or why it's happening but she ends up taking out all 3 family members pretty much single handed. She they flies back to the base to help the guys with Tara. She ends up needing a little help with her, from Brion, but in the end they end up beating her and turning her already cold heart to stone . . literally. But then Halo starts talking about how the light is calling to her. 'The light . . it's calling me . . pulling me in . . I have to go. It's beautiful, Jeff . . so beautiful.' And then . . she's gone in a flash of light. Just another mystery that they'll have to unravel at a later time. I've enjoyed Peter J Tomasi's run on this book. I thought he did a fantastic job with the team. But . . all good things must come to an end, and next issue things are about to be shaken up . . again. Dan Didio will be taking over the scripting chores, with Philip Tan on pencils. It looks like over the next couple of months they'll be getting some new members, and . . shaking up some of the old ones. I'm expecting good things. As I've said over and over again, I love this book and this team. These are some fantastic characters. I just hope they get the treatment they deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment