Monday, December 28, 2009

Fall of the HULKs: Gamma - Marvel

This book I just picked up for the heck of it. I'm not sure that I'll be following this storyline, but I thought I'd pick up the first book and see what it's all about. Plus, since I do read the HULK regularly, I thought it might give me some insight as to what will be going on in that book . . or maybe some answers. The main part of this book was spent on Thunderbolt Ross' funeral. It appears that he had put on the Redeemer Armor and tried to beat the Red Hulk. He almost did to . . until he played his hand to early and showed the Red Hulk who he was. This got the Red Hulk mad enough that he killed him. At least that's what we're being told by Leonard Samson. Me? I don't believe it. In the last issue of the HULK, Red Hulk decided that he needed to shake things up . . to do something unexpected. So . . he went to Bruce Banner for help. We also find out in this issue that the Red Hulk was part of a concentrated effort. He was never working solo. This group includes MODOK, the Red She-Hulk, Lyra, the Leader, and . . Leonard Samson and General Ross. Not to mention a few other villains. Plus, the way that Bruce and the Red Hulk are talking at the end of the book, I don't think that the General is dead because . . I still think that he may be the Red Hulk. I know I'm probably way off base, but . . that's what I think. Oh yeah . . we also find out that Betty's not actually dead. After the funeral she and Glenn go to visit her father's grave. I thought this was an interesting book. I'm not exactly sure what this whole thing is all about, but . . I guess we'll be finding out more in the months to come. Plus, if you think about it, there are an awful lot of Hulks running around out there right now. Who'd have thought that it would have ever come to that? Anyways, this book is by Jeph Loeb and John Romita Jr. Maybe I'll see what the next issue holds before I decide not to follow this story-line. We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment