Monday, December 28, 2009

Amazing Spider-man #616 - Marvel

This was an ok book. I just don't know that I liked it all that much. Last issue Spider-man went over to the island to try to rescue Keemia. Flint Marko, the Sandman, claims that he's her daughter. But that's not possible. Flint doesn't have the tools necessary for conception. As it turns out, while he was writing letters to her mother out of jail, he was also writing to little Keemia. Until one day, in one of her letters, she started calling him Daddy. I guess this melted his sand-ridden heart. The sad part of this story though is that nobody really 'wins'. I mean, Spider-man beats Flint, he escapes with Keemia and he takes her back to her grandmother. The problem is . . Children Services were advised. It turns out that the Grandmother sent her outside to play because she wanted to watch TV. So now they don't think she's fit. And Keemia, therefore gets thrown into foster care. Like I said . . nobody really won. However, Keemia is still hanging on to hope. She still thinks she's a princess, and that one day her father the King will come to rescue her. I don't really understand how this all fits into the Gauntlet story-line. I don't know . . maybe I just expected more. But I know it wasn't this. I guess we'll have to wait and see how this 'theme' fits in with the next story-arc. It's about the Rhino. Anyways, this issue was brought to us by Fred Van Lente and Javier Pulido. I was kind of bored with this chapter. Hopefully the next will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment