Sunday, December 13, 2009

Uncanny X-Men First Class #6 - Marvel

This book is frustrating me, but . . I'm not really sure why. It's actually just another version of the stories we've already read in Uncanny X-Men . . way back when. But most people . . I would assume the audience that this book is targeted at . . most people won't remember, or haven't read the original stories. And that's fine. It's a good outlet to show the younger, or newer, X-Men follower some of the history of this group. However, the title before this one, X-Men First Class, seemed to be a lot more upbeat and 'fun' than this title. And I know . . that's the point. The X-Men changed after Giant Sized #1, and X-Men #94. Everything became different. So this book reflects a similar change between X-Men First Class and Uncanny X-Men First Class. I think the problem I'm having is that I'm already buying so many X-Men titles that I can't see spending the money on another. Especially one that's really just retelling stories from the first series. Although there are some variances in this one. But I don't really want to get in to all of that. The book is ok. For what it is. Scott Gray is doing a decent job of keeping true to the X-Men continuity, while still using a bit of artistic license. I just think this title is a little to 'serious' to be aimed at a teen-aged audience. Also with the art . . I'm not sure if it's because there's 2 different artists on this book . . Scott Koblish and Nelson DeCastro, but . . some of the pages aren't very consistent. I think what it comes down to is . . I'm trying to talk myself into dropping this title off my monthly list. So I guess I'll just have to decide. It just frustrates me when I don't like a comic. I know it happens. But I don't like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment