Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Ultimate Comics Armor Wars #3 - Marvel

I think the gist of this book . . the main 'uncover' or 'reveal', is going to be finding out whomever is in this Ghost outfit. Last issue Tony and Justine went to Prague to fight a Doctor Faustus. This guy seemed more like a Doctor Frankenstein than a scientist. That leads them to Bram Velsing, whom actually lives in Castle Frankenstein. He's got a fully working suit of armor, but . . he doesn't have all the latest upgrades like Tony. The battle looks to be 'draw. At first. But in the end Tony makes pretty short work of him. The next move? I'm not sure what Tony was thinking, but he goes and confronts the London police when he finds out that they're using Armor for riot gear. I mean, he goes into full confrontation with the officers. I'm not really sure why he would choose that route of attack. Again, I think Tony has the superior weapon, but . . they also have the viable threats necessary to perform their job. Which, ultimately deals with 'bad-guys' so . . they have to have some fire-power to back up their actions. Tony ends up taking them out one by one, but . . it's a rough battle and Tony takes more than a few licks. However, when he finally thinks that he's beat them, he gets hit by a stinger fired upon him by the Ghost. Tony ends up in the Thames taking on water. I thought it was a decent book. Steve Kurth actually does a great job with the art. Very action oriented. I think I was just a little disappointed with Warren Ellis' story. I'm sure it's going to pay off in the final issue. And . . there are some neat ideas presented here. But . . I guess I just expected it to be a little more involved and intricate. This one just seems pretty straight forward. I do expect a twist with Justine. She can't be tagging along as just a side-kick. And, I think there's more to this Ghost than someone just stealing Stark-tech. I don't know. I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens next issue. See if the wait was worth the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment