Wednesday, June 24, 2009

X-Force #16 - Marvel


This issue wraps up our Messiah War story-line. Well . . maybe 'wraps up' is to broad of a stroke. There's always going to be some loose threads left hanging around. Especially when it comes to characters like Apocalypse and Stryfe. Anyways, the time traveling thing was a point of confusion for me. They go past the point of no return, because Laura can't bring herself to put Kiden out of her misery. She's the one that's creating the time anomaly. Remember in the Nyx series when she could stop time and move around? Anyways, finally Domino shoots her in the head, but the devices had already tried to pull them back but couldn't. So with Archangel bringing back Apocalypse, and him becoming rejuvenated by the Celestial city . . he's finally the one that takes down Stryfe. But in the process, he also sees the potential in Hope. "You are special child. I can feel your strength. You are worthy to host the Apocalypse." But Archangel talks him out of it. Since he save Apocalypse's life, he trades him a life for a life. "Take the girl. I have time. I am infinite. But know this . . we will meet again, when the girl is ready. Remember, Cable, emotion is weakness. And if you do not teach her this before I return for her . . it will be her undoing." Also he doesn't kill Stryfe. "Pathetic wretch . . always searching for a purpose in life. Now I give you one, the greatest any being could have . . to be my vessel!" The ending was a bit confusing for me. I thought they all went back, but apparently they just jumped to some nearby buildings in New York City. I didn't quite understand all of that. And then Laura starts cutting off their time-bands to send them back. But it appears that that band was left behind, only the individual transported. So does that mean that they left some time devices in the future? Like I said, that whole part was all a little confusing to me. But other than that, I did like Craig Kyle & Christopher Yost's story. Although there are still a lot of loose threads. However, Cable comes out next week so . . I'm sure we'll find out then where he and Hope ended up. I enjoy Clayton Crain's art, however . . this issue and last didn't seem up to his usual high standards. The whole thing seemed a little rushed. Of course he's done a lot of work in the last few months. Maybe he just needs a little time off. Anyways, overall I enjoyed the book. We'll just have to wait until next issue to see what's on the plate for this team in the future. And . . are Domino and Vanisher going to stick around? Or not?

No comments:

Post a Comment