Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Final Crisis Aftermath: Ink #2 - DC


I have to say . . this issue had me a little confused. I know we're following Mark Richards on his quest to become a hero. Well . . maybe not a hero, but at least someone who can make a difference in the world that he's come to find himself in. But despite all the gangs and stuff . . he also seems to be surrounded by a lot of magic and mysticism. The line between the two is kind of blurry sometimes. Anyways, he's found out that his son want to join a gang. He wants to get inked and get some street cred. However, most of the people around here know who Mark is. So, I'm guessing this gang that he's trying to join is using him as a way to hurt Mark. And then there's the little mystery about the tat that seems to have disappeared from Mark. It's been sighted at a couple of crime scenes, but Mark isn't involved. I'm guessing somehow his son is connected. I don't know. Like I said . . that's where the whole thing gets a little confusing. All I know is that Leon has some sort of magical sword, or knife, that he's been using for the gang. Somehow this is connected but we don't have all the pieces yet. Mark has the same suspicions and hits the streets looking for Leon, hoping to keep him out of as much trouble as possible. But he should also be concerned about keeping himself out of trouble. The issue ends with him in the grip of Cannon and Slipknot. I'm not sure who they are, but we always have next issue. Eric Wallace is doing this story. I really do like the story, I'm just a bit confused about all the gangs and magic and what-not. It's all overlapping, but we aren't shown how it's all connected. I also like Fabrizio Florentino's art. I like the style that he's using on this book, and I can definitely tell that he's got a Mark Texiera influence to his stuff. This is only issue 2 of 6, so . . we'll just have to watch and see how this all plays out. I can't believe he's a member of the Justice League already.

No comments:

Post a Comment