Wednesday, June 17, 2009

New Music

Really, the only thing I get into more that comics . . well, maybe not more, but . . equally . . is music. Not for any reason, but I thought I'd share with you some of the recent music I'd acquired. I have 2 sources, BMG music club, and the library. I have 2 problems with BMG, though. First, and foremost, is their shipping practices. $2.67 per CD? So, if you get a double-disk of something, it's automatically $5.34. I think that's insane. But . . I guess they have to make money somewhere. But now, all of that's changing because they're switching thier name to Yourmusic.com. The main difference is, you join their club and all CD's are $6.99 with no shipping. It probably ends up being about the same costs but they've got rid of that monthly solicitation thing. My 2nd problem is, their new titles are always at a premium price and it seems like it takes them forever to discount. Also they don't seem to get the 'brand new' titles right away. So when something comes out that I really want, like Chickenfoot or the new Black Eyed Peas, I just have to suck it up and go to Best Buy. Luckily, those 2 were both $9.99 when they first came out. Anyways, my most recent CD's from BMG include Kiss (Love Gun, Dynasty and Destroyer) and Bon Jovi . . their first and One Wild Night. I had some free CD credits I had to use up before they switched over so I picked up some stuff I didn't have on CD. But in the end, they're never really free. In the last few months I've also gotten . . the Killers, Fall Out Boy, the Babys, Hinder, Hoobastank and Godsmack from them. My most recent trip to the library includes . . Gavin Rossdale, Tesla, Luscious Jackson, Heart, Counting Crows, AC/DC and David Bowie. And I know you're going to ask so, yes I do have an I-pod. But I don't do Rhapsody or Apple or anything. I do use them for ideas for music sometimes, or to sample songs. However I think 99 cents for a song is a bit steep. Plus, since my tastes are so eclectic, if I did that I'd be all over the place. Anyways, I just wanted to ramble for a little bit. Thanks for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment