Wednesday, June 03, 2009

the Amazing Spider-man #596 - Marvel


I was a little disappointed that Phil Jimenez didn't do the art on this issue, but . . he did do the cover. It looks fantastic. The interior art was by Paulo Siqueira. I was pleasantly surprised but . . the whole issue looked really good. I remember he did the art on the Black Canary mini-series, but I don't remember that looking this good. I really, really liked the way this issue came across. Plus, obviously, Joe Kelly is doing a bang-up job with this story. This issue Harry goes to the Avengers tower to begin his employment with his father. I'm not exactly sure what it is he's going to be doing, but . . he's getting 200k a year to do it. Somehow or way he's in the PR portion of the Avengers. Whatever that means. Peter doesn't agree with him but then Peter doesn't know what he's trying to do for Lily. Meanwhile, Norah, from the newspaper, has also joined the employment ranks of the Avengers. She's a receptionist in the lobby, and really she's trying to do an undercover story. Peter's little rant in the office last issue seems to have gotten her motivated. I also enjoyed the dialogue between Peter and JJ's father. It was touching when he gave Peter a little bit of fatherly advice. I think they both enjoy the dynamics of that relationship. Anyways, the big news of this issue is that Peter has decided to get a little pro-active. With Reed and Sue's help, Peter goes out and captures Gargan when he's out for dinner . . blonde's, brunette's, hookers, whatever. Reed's made up a black suit for him with which he can mimic some of Venom's unique talents, and he's decided to also go undercover posing as . . well, Spider-man. And it appears that Peter's joined the team just in time. When Norman gets the group together that evening, he decides to make a little announcement . . "The time has come to discuss my son . . and his future in our organization. I assure you there is more to my son than meets the eye, and his presence here avails a unique opportunity. I've been working on a project . . something special . . and Harry is the key. Tonight, I'm prepared to share with you my vision of the future . . I call it American Son." What a great issue. I can't wait to see where this one's going. I also can't wait to see how Peter adjusts to everything when he's sent out on missions with the Dark Avengers.

No comments:

Post a Comment