Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Outsiders #19 - DC


This book is fantastic. You knew it was just going to be a matter of time until Vandal Savage crossed paths with these people that are looking for pieces of the meteor. It is, after all, the same meteor that gave him his powers . . and longevity. And really they're just being selfish about it anyways. All they really want is the added life-span. All I know is that when I turn the ripe old age of 100, I'll be looking back thinking, "I've been paying my utility bills for the last 88 years. What do I have to show for it?" Can you imagine how Vandal feels after having lived for 37,000 years. I wonder what kind of 'senior discount' he gets. Anyways, at the end of the story when he finds thier base, he's surprised to see that Ra's al Ghul is also there. "Greetings, Vandal. You seem to have a little something on your face. Not very becoming, I must say." Remember, during the Final Crisis he received the 'mark of Cain'. I thought that was hilarious. Anyways, with our team, most of this issue is spent battling Deathstroke. But remember, for Brion . . it's personal. The only reason Deathstroke sticks around as long as he does is because he's here to retrieve the piece of meteor that inside the corpse of the guy he just killed. But he doesn't need the whole body. Just the part with the rock. However, while Deathstroke is escaping, without his knowledge, Brion subtly manipulates his powers and pulls the rock out of the body, and to him, as Slade slithers away. He is going to be pissed when he figures out what Brion did. Meanwhile our little covert group has decided to make a strike against their opponents and hit them at their base . . the Haven . . Batman's little rocket base. What they didn't know though is that they would have to face the Creeper. And the dead guy has left behind a clue in his own blood . . '6542-140'. Whatever that means. Peter J Tomasi is doing a fantastic job with this book. I really like the way that he's handling all these characters. This issue Fernando Pasarin does the art. It's ok. I liked Lee Garbett's stuff better. But, it looks like Fernando with be the artist in residence for the foreseeable future. I think it's a great book and I recommend it to anyone who isn't reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment