Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Wolverine Origins #37 - Marvel


Last issue, in his quest to find Romulus, Logan has followed Victor Hudson to Russia. What he doesn't know is that in the town that he's gone to, there's a prison. Recently they've gained a new prisoner . . Omega Red. Red's not at full power right now, but . . Romulus has people recovering the Carbonadium Synthesizer that Logan had dropped in the bottom of a river in Amsterdam. By the time that Logan realizes what they have, he's neck deep in the trap that Romulus has set for him. "Victor knew I was trailin' him. He led me here. By the nose. All my moves, all my plans . . an' I still walked right into Romulus's trap." I like the story that Daniel Way is weaving here. Supposedly, by next issue . . we should finally find out who Romulus is and why he's got such a hard-on for the diminutive Canadian. I'm thinkin' it's his father. But I could be wrong. And, for some reason, I still think it has something to do with Creed also. I've loved this book from the beginning. Except for Mark Millar's Old Man Logan story-line, I generally like this book more than the main title. I like the way they've shown that Logan's history goes back much farther into the Marvel Universe, than we ever suspected. And he's connected to . . well, pretty much everything. As long as Logan survives Omega Red's attack . . we should get a much larger piece of the puzzle next issue. I also enjoy Scot Eaton's pencils. He's been doing a fantastic job in the X-Men Legacy book. It's nice to see that he's brought his talents here.

No comments:

Post a Comment