Tuesday, March 11, 2008

X-Force #1 - Marvel


I've been sitting on the edge of my seat, waiting for this book to come out. And I certainly wasn't disappointed. Craig Kyle and Chris Yost do the writing, and the illustrious Clayton Crain is the artist. He does the book much in the style that he did the Ghost Rider mini-series. It is simply . . incredible. This issue we get the low-down on why Scott wants to put the team back together. Of course it has to do with the Purifiers. He goes to Logan, because he wants him to be the team leader, but really he's already got most of the team lined up. So far he's got X-23, Laura, who is already on a mission to gather information at a SHIELD base, Thunderbird, James Proudstar, who has his own personal reasons for wanting to take down the Purifiers, and Rhane Sinclair, Wolfsbane. For some reason she's come to Scott to request this gig. But we don't know what that is just yet. And I'm sure there will be other members added to the team as we go along. Logan tries to give everyone the option to opt out of the deal. "You do this, you're not X-Men anymore. You may be on the team, you may be standing next to Beast and Angel and Iceman, but you won't be the same as them. Not after this." But, nobody backs down. And we find out that the Purifiers are trying to bring Nimrod back on-line. They're counting on him to help them make the future right. But for now, they've settled on getting Bastion back up and running. And in their first skirmish, it looks as if Risman shoots Rahne in the head. Right after he says, "I don't bluff, mutant!" An excellent first issue. I had to pay $20 for the variant cover, but I'll admit I probably would've paid $30. They are just killing me with these variant cover though, every week. But I'm the sap that keeps buying them. Anyways, an incredible first issue. I can't wait for the next one.



No comments:

Post a Comment