Sunday, March 23, 2008

Teen Titans Year One #3 - DC


I love the Titans. So . . . I love this book. I think Amy Wolfram and Karl Kerschl are doing a fantastic job with this mini-series, so far. Amy seems to have a pretty good handle on each of the characters, and their personalities. And, I like the interpretation Karl has taken on them. Especially Garth. Right now he truly is . . fish-boy. In every sense of the word. This issue wraps up the first part of the story. Basically showing how these 5 first came together. My understanding is, on a recent JLA trip, their mentors were all exposed to some kind of interdimensional antithesis. As least that's how Batman explains it. All the other heroes are very appreciative, but Batman tells Robin, "You should have figured it out before now." So basically, this is how they get together, and decide that Robin should be their leader. But before they can have their first adventure, Batman scolds Robin like an over-protective father. "We're needed in Gotham. Say goodbye to your friends." I'm assuming the next 3 issues will show us how they really got together, and what caused them to rally for their first mission. This is a great book, and a fantastic series. I really love this Year 1 concept. Well . . except for the Metamorpho one. That one was kind of boring. This one, however, seems much more creative. And I'm all for anything that gets the Titans more shelf room.

No comments:

Post a Comment