Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Booster Gold #0 - DC


Even though all these damn time-travel stories that are going on right now tend to give me a headache, I really, really like this book. Geoff Johns and Jeff Katz are doing a fantastic job with this story-line. And I really like Dan Jurgens art, especially with Norm Rapmund doing the finishes. It really looks nice. My only question is, what's going to happen to Max. I mean, yes Booster has saved Ted. And yes they're going to keep him in the time-stream so nobody else knows he's alive. But, it was Ted's death that prompted Wonder Woman to kill Max. So if Ted doesn't die, then that never happens. And if that doesn't happen, then who's going to stop Max. He had some pretty big plans in place, before he was taken out of the picture. But I'm sure we'll find out more in the upcoming issues. This one gave us a little more background in to Michaels' past. Or future, as it were. We learned a little about his sister, Michelle, and we met his father. For some reason, I don't think this is the last we've seen of him. We also got to see Parallax, Hal Jordan, and Extant from the Zero-hour story-line. With all of this time-travel, they're coming across all sorts of stuff in the time-stream. Anyways, they go to the future, then come back to the past to find Rip Hunter missing, and his base of operations surrounded by an army of OMAC's. In fact that's the title for the next issue . . OMAC'd. Catchy. Huh? Well that seems to be a recurring theme in this book . . going from the frying pan in to the fire. But so far . . I love it. I would definitely recommend this book to everyone. I know, you're thinking "But Booster Gold and Blue Beetle?". I know. I know. But honestly, it ain't like it was. That's the best way I can put it. Give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment