Friday, March 28, 2008

infinity inc. #7 - DC


I want to like this book. I really, really do. But the story right now just kind of seems all over the place. I'm sure it's all going to come together, and these are probably all just trials that'll brings these kids together as a group, but the pattern here, so far, is barely discernible. We're up to issue #7, and we still don't know what's going on with this team. Or even if it is a team. Right now it's just kind of some friends helping each other. Battling a common obstacle. They've really only come together first because of their tenuous relationship, at best, in the Everyman project. But really they've only sought each other out because they're all going through some serious emotional problems because of their depowering. Well . . that and the fact that John Henry is looking them up and trying to find out where they all stand right now. So far, two of them have switched over to the dark-side. I guess their emotional crisis was more than they could handle. I'm also not quite sure how Mercy plays in to all of this. You know. The woman who was one of Lex's two female bodyguards? She's shown up and is offering John Henry help. She pretty adamant about it, actually. But he can't let the kids know, because they know about her previous association with Lex. The art in this issue was better. It was by Matt Camp. So far it's the best of the first seven issues. With next issue Pete Woods will be taking over as artist. At least we'll have some consistency. I like what Peter Milligan has done with the story so far. My only complaint, as I said before, is that we're going to be in to issue #8 here, soon, and we still don't have the whole picture yet. I know we're developing these characters, and all. But I think it still would be good to have some kind of idea of where we're heading. I want this book to do well. I like these characters, and most of the concepts . . so far. I just think we need to get some consistency going, and show that there's an overall plan. Please!

1 comment:

  1. waiting for your infinity inc. 8 review. be quick please.

    ReplyDelete