Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Ghost Rider #20 - Marvel

This was an interesting story. We seem to have a new creative team on the title right now. I assume that they'll be around at least as long as this story-arc. Jason Aaron is the writer, and Roland Boschi is the artist. The story, I thought, was pretty good. The artist . . I wasn't as thrilled with. I don't want to dog the guy out to much . . it just wasn't my cup of tea. Anyways, this story picks up immediately after the last. Johnny is on a crusade now. Now that he knows he was lead astray by not only the devil, but by Zadkiel. All this time he thought he was a demon of vengeance, when actually he's been as angel of vengeance. Actually Roxanne, his old girlfriend, made a deal with Zadkiel to try to save Johnny from an eternity in hell. But Zadkiel was easy to convince because he's declared his own war on heaven. He's attempting to overthrow God himself, and he saw Johnny, or the Ghost Rider, as a pawn in that endeavor. Now Johnny is looking for a way to get to heaven. He doesn't like being played, and wants to take it straight to the horses mouth, as it were. But he's having a hard time figuring out how to do that. Then he stumbles upon this little town in Montana, I think. There's a boy there who has recently come back to life, he was out for like a minute or so, but he says that heaven wasn't peaceful at all. In fact the angels were downright scary. So Johnny's hoping that when he talks to him, he'll get some answers. But it turns out this hospital, where the boy is at, is actually somehow connected to Zadkiel. Or at least the Nurse's are. Maybe they worship him or something. Also it seems like demons, or spirits, or ghosts or something are haunting the local roads at nights. I'm not sure how it's all connected, but this is only the first chapter of the story-line. Like I said, overall I thought it was an interesting start to the story. I didn't really like the art. But, it's not so bad that I couldn't enjoy the story. It may grow on me a bit. I don't know. Give me another issue or two. But I love the character . . so I can look past it a bit. I'm actually glad that we're done with that whole . . 666 avatars thing. It'll be good to see the character go in some new directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment