Saturday, March 22, 2008

Teen Titans #56 - DC


I know we're supposed to feel sorry for Kid Devil. I assume that the countdown that was going on this issue, was the time until he turns 18 and he becomes the property of Neron? Am I right? They never really explain it, but I don't really know, or have read, what else they could be counting down to. But, if that's so . . . nothing really changed this issue. So . . on that front . . I'm kind of confused. Other than that, we really just kind of get a glimpse of just how much of a moron this kid is. I know that sounds mean. But honestly, it seems as if he has no common sense. The whole issue . . he just makes one bone-head play after another. Consequently, he's berated by pretty much everyone, the whole issue. However, when he runs in to this new gang, the Terror Titans, headed by the Clock King, he refuses their offer. He's first approached by Dreadbolt, who ends up offering him a chance to join their team. He turns them down . . flatly. "I may be at my wits' end with the Teen Titans right now . . . but they're more than teammates. More than friends. They're family, and I wouldn't betray them for anything." It's a nice speech, but, unfortunately, it only convinces the group to give him the ass-kicking they were going to give him anyways. Poor Eddie. It appears that their agenda is to take down the team, one member at a time. Eddie was their first. Sean McKeever is the writer on this book now. I think he's trying to take the team down a different path . . but at the same time stay true to the book, and the team, with what's lead up to this point. Noble intentions. But I do hope he kind of shakes things up a bit. I'm a big proponent of change. It keeps things interesting. Eddy Barrows has done a few issues now with the pencilling also. He first came on the scene in the Atom. At first I wasn't overly thrilled with him, but . . he grew on me. Right up until they did the story-arc with the Atom's un-dead friends. That one was a little out there. And it seemed like Eddy's pencils were a little rushed. But, so far, with what I've seen on the Titans . . it looks like he's taking his time, and turning in some really good work. He actually makes M'gann and Ravager look pretty hot. Anyways, this is one of my favorite team books, so I'll be interested to see how they rise to this new challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment