Tuesday, March 11, 2008

the New Avengers #38 - Marvel


This issue picks up right after the New Avengers Annual. Jessica has gone to Stark towers, with the baby, to seek asylum. She's even willing to register, if that's what it takes. She felt as if she was in mortal danger, at Strange's house, when the Hood and his gang attacked. Actually, Spider-man helped her get away. That was actually his first concern, before he got involved in the fight. But now, her and Luke's relationship is really up in the air. He tries to talk to her, but, I think, she's got a point. She has to do what's right for the baby at this time. Plus I think Luke really is being a bit stubborn. I know he's trying to stand up for his ideals, but, right now, nobody really cares. And if they do . . it's only a handful of people. And it seems like that number is shrinking every day. On a positive note, Danny Rand gets them all an apartment to live in for the meantime. Actually he gets them the whole floor. He's done it through one of his subsidiaries, so it can't be traced back to him. When Luke was at Stark Tower, trying to talk to Jessica, he also planted the Skrull idea in a few of their heads. They don't really know what he's talking about right now, but he tells them to talk to their boss, Tony. So I think we're going to see a little of this paranoia spill over in to that book also. It's about time they got somebody else to worry about it also. My only concern about this book is that it seems doomed to failure. It seems like, eventually, both teams are going to have to be absorbed in to one. Which means the end of one of the books. My guess is they're going to go with the Mighty Avengers. I hope I'm wrong. I like having these 2 different Avenger teams. Even though Brian writes both books, they still feel like they have their own identity. I think it has to do with the differences in their situations. But it's also the characters. I don't know. It's just my opinion that I'd rather see 2 books. I think it's better for everybody . . all around. Don't you agree?

No comments:

Post a Comment