Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Jack of Fables #20 - Vertigo


For once, a books cover depicts an actual event that takes place inside the book. Well . . except for the 3 girls part. Last issue Jack and his gang found the treasure that they were looking for. Well . . not exactly the treasure, but the location depicted on Humpty's ass. Hopefully that wasn't a pimple. Anyways, they find the ruins of this Aztec looking pyramid kind of thing, and they assume their treasure is inside. Of course they're right. And somehow during the arduous labor of collecting all the gold, Hillary decided that she's turned on by Jack. "I promised myself I wouldn't do this, Jack, no matter what else I did. But you have a certain . . . quality about you that I can no longer resist. So come on, then!" I see she took the men's course in foreplay. For me it's just, "Are you tired?". Anyways, after which she learns that Jack has slept with both of her other sisters, Robin and Priscilla. The way she finds out is because Jack feels the need to announce his accomplishment to the world. "I am truly the greatest. I am a hero to the common man. I did it! I finally managed to nail all 3 Page sisters! I got the trifecta!" After which, Hillary nails him much in the way she does on the cover. As he lays on the ground, writhing in agony, he says "I . . . regret . . . nothing!" I've said this before. I really don't know how Bill Willingham comes up with this stuff. It's amazing, and far-fetched, and creepy and weird all at the same time. And really, when you come to think of it, he's writing his own fable (s) in the pages of this book. Complete genius.

No comments:

Post a Comment