Saturday, March 29, 2008

Painkiller Jane #5 - Dynamite Entertainment


I liked this book. I like this character. The only problem I have with this particular issue, is now I'll have to get Terminator 2, #6 & #7, because it's a 4-part story that started last issue in this book, and then crossed over in to that one. What a pain in the butt. Ha-ha! I guess that's all just part of the collecting process. They do put a neat little twist on this particular story though. It appears that Jane has a descendant in the future, 2029, by the name of Vanessa Vasko. I assume it's her daughter because she has powers similar to Jane's. Also John sees her as a valuable asset to the resistance. Anyways, Jimmy Palmiotti wrote it, and Nigel Raynor does the art. It's ok. Not fantastic. Not overly flashy. But . . it's ok. The guy shows a lot of potential. And it's put together in the usual Panekiller Jane style. The only part I don't like is, I don't see what chance in hell Jane has up against one of these machines. It's kind of a David & Goliath situation. For real! But I liked the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment