Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Moon Knight #15 - Marvel


Well, even if Salvador isn't around anymore, I'm awfully glad to see that Mark Texiera is sticking around. At least for the foreseeable future. I liked this issue. It really showed how conflicted Marc really is. On the final page when he puts on Bushman's scalped face . . which he's been keeping hidden in the closet in a box . . . that was just . . creepy. And Marlene saw it too. She's definitely going to need a therapist after that. I'm really surprised that he hasn't confided in anyone that he's being haunted by him. Well . . . I guess I'm not surprised, but . . you'd think he'd maybe come close to telling someone. That's an awful lot to live with. And now it's starting to sound like the savagery that he's exhibiting on the crooks and criminals, is actually Bushman's personality coming to the forefront. I'd almost be willing to state that Bushman is actually Moon Knight, and not Marc. I think Marc's personality is taking the back-seat when he's donning the Moon Knight attire. We also see what Marc's personality and behavior is doing to his friends. But again, I'm starting to think that what they, and we, think are accidents, are actually Bushman exhibiting a little bit of his control. I don't think he wants Marc to be close to anybody. So now the question is . . how is he going to get rid of this guy? And, really . . does he want to? It appears that he's the one that pushed him back in to being Moon Knight. Or at least fighting to get back on his legs . . as it were. So without him, does he really have the strength to be the man he wants to be? It just dawned on me how much this book is really making me think. About Marc. About Bushman. About Moon Knight. And yes I think they're 3 separate characters. And about his supporting cast. But that's a good thing. That's what these books should do. That's the sign of a great author. Thank you Mike Benson. Keep it coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment