Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Gen13 #17 - WildStorm


This issue was a bit confusing for me . . but . . here's what I understand . . I/O is trying to retrieve their gen-actives. When the kids arrived in NYC, they did their best to distract them and get all of their interests in opposite directions. Divide & Conquer as it were. While doing this, they have some movie producer guy, choreographing the whole thing. He has actors set up with each of the kids to make their circumstance more believable. Also, since they have camera's everywhere, they have a ton of footage, and they've promised to give him access to make a movie. Although you know, that's never going to happen. But it turns out some of these "actors" are also gen-actives. So now they've reached the third act of their little drama. This seems to be the act where either their actors were good enough, and everyone comes along nicely, or . . they use their hidden gen-actives to take them out. To that end, they've all been delivered an envelope telling them that they have 24 hours to take them out, or a chip that's been implanted in their heads will explode. This Professor Bryson guy that's gone after Caitlin, has her hooked up to some kind of memory machine. I'm not sure what he hopes to gain from her memories, but he knows that the machine is lethal to most of it's test subjects. But in the end, she fakes him out and ends up killing him. Kind of by accident. And now she has to go after the rest of her teammates. I know. Maybe that doesn't sound so confusing. But I condensed it. A lot! But overall, I liked the book. Mainly though, because I like these characters so much. I think Simon Oliver is doing ok with this story-arc, but I'll be glad when it's over and we move on to the next one. I'm not so thrilled with this one. I also think that Carlo Barberi and Drew Geraci are doing a great job with the art. It kind of has the feel of the old Gen13 title. Which isn't a bad thing to be compared to.

No comments:

Post a Comment