Saturday, March 29, 2008

Cable #1 - Marvel


I couldn't wait for this book to come out. Cable is one of my favorite X-Men characters. When I saw that this book was going to be drawn by Ariel Olivetti, that was just icing on the cake. I'm a huge fan. The writer, Duane Swiercynski . . . I'm not familiar with his work. But, I thought this was a pretty decent story. My only question is, of all the places to go, why did Cable go from Muir Island to New Jersey? Maybe he has a safe house there, or a bunker, or something. But we never really find out the reason. It just seems to me that being a soldier as long as he has been, he'd have more of a plan. But, that's just my opinion. I did like the little things that Duane put in to the story though. Like when he has to stop in the middle of his trip to change the baby's diaper. Actually, I do have another question. Does the baby have a name? As far as Cable knows, he's going to be the babies guardian for the foreseeable future. So . . why wouldn't he give her a name? Is he just going to call her little girl? Forever? Maybe he's afraid of becoming to attached. Maybe he's afraid he'll lose his edge. But still . . it's the next step. The . . connection. But really that all may be moot because when he decides to slow down and stop to get him and the baby something to eat, it seems that Bishop has been waiting for him. And he let's him know . . with guns blazing. It's an interesting start to the series. It's kind of hard to tell what kind of direction they want to go in, with only 1 issue. But, I'm sure they'll let us know soon enough. Again . . the art was fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment