Friday, March 14, 2008

the Spirit #14 - DC


Again, I'm a little surprised by a book. I really haven't been getting in to this book, to much, but this issue . . was a little bit different. This issue, the story was set up more like a detective story. I know. That's the essence of this book, but . . sometimes . . the goofiness, and moronic character of the Spirit kind of over-powers the rest of the story. I mean, I know this guy isn't the brightest bulb. But . . does he have to be a moron all of the time? This issue proved that he doesn't. Yes he's not necessarily the one that actually solves the crimes, all of the time. But, he is willing to take credit, and is involvement is always much more crucial in his own eyes. That's really the basis of the character. I think they were just playing him a little to silly in the beginning of this series. At least for me anyways. For me, the book always kind of felt like it was a sit-com, that really wasn't all that funny. Know what I mean? And I like it much better as a crime-drama, that's occasionally humorous. But like I said, that's just my opinion. Sergio Aragone's and Mark Evanier did the story this issue. Mike Ploog and Mark Farmer did the art. That quite a few big names on one little book. But it appears that the effort paid off this issue. Thanks guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment