Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Ultimate Iron Man II #3 - Marvel


First I want to say that I really like this book. I like the character, and what they've done to him in the Ultimate Universe. Also I think Orson Scott Card, and Pasqual Ferry are doing a bang-up job with things, creatively. I really like the first mini-series and couldn't wait for the second one to come out. It was a year or so later . . but still . . . good stuff. But, that being said, this story is a little hard to follow. There's a lot of convoluted stuff going on in here. The recap page itself . . you need to draw a timeline, as you're reading it, to figure out just exactly how all these characters affect each other, and what their interactions are. It's quite convoluted . . actually. Yes it's all starting to come together. I should hope so. There's only 1 issue to go. But, I think, that with the amount of time we've waited for this series to come out, and it's really only the second part of, I'm sure, many more to come, the explanation, or build-up, for the story is a lot more complicated than it needs to be. A whole lot more complicated. Yes I appreciate that so much thought was put in to it, but we all just wanted to see another Iron Man story. And obviously this isn't going to be the end of things, so . . there's going to be a lot more time and space to draw things out and to get Tony immersed in the workings of the Ultimate Universe. But, like I said, I do appreciate the effort, because I really do like the book. I'm just wondering where they're going to go after next issue. Any hints?

No comments:

Post a Comment