Saturday, January 20, 2007

Wolverine #49 - Marvel


This issue I was really disapointed with. There's a great cover. But after that, it's just goes straight downhill. And that's really hard for me to say about Wolverine. Basically, it's a fill in / Christmas issue. And they even extra sized it, and tacked on another buck. But no matter how much it cost, it's still a piece of crap. The story was lame. And the artwork was worse. I suppose there was only so much they could work with, and give it a Christmas theme. But they really shouldn't have even tried. It really didn't work. It's a very predictable story, with artwork that became increasingly annoying as you moved from page to page. Again, I think, some of this might be the blame of the Civil War. The timeline for that epic, doesn't seem to be moving as smoothly as it should. And it seems to me that some books are running late, or doing fill ins, to try to get things back to a consistency. Now, I really like the Civil War storyline, but, I don't think the rest of the Marvel Universe should have to suffer to try to keep up a continuity. My suggestion? Get it over with. And no matter how the Marvel Universe shakes out, get the rest of the books going in some specific direction. Seems like things are a little muddled right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment