Saturday, January 13, 2007

Onslaught Reborn #1 - Marvel


I didn't buy the variant of this book, because I don't feel the need to support Rob Liefeld. Don't get me wrong. I like his art. And the guy did a lot for Marvel and for Image. But, I just don't like the guy. Never met him. All I know is what I've in the mags and the trades. Call it a quirk. I don't know. I can't explain it fully. Anyways, this was actually a pretty decent book. But, again, with Jeph Loeb on the script, I expected nothing less. It seems that Onslaught has come back. I don't believe he has anything to do with the Professor anymore. But somehow he was reborn on the whole M-day debacle. And for some reason, he has a hard on for Franklin Richards. So first he takes over Johnny trying to get at him. And next he takes over Reed. How much therapy would that require in his teen years. Yeow! So then he has to watch his mom & dad take each other out, so he won't be hurt. So anyways, Franklin runs to his room, finds this glowing green orb, and transports away, apparently with Onslaught in tow. Next issue, it looks like the rest of the Avengers join in. Hopefully then, we'll find out more about what's really going on. On a side note to Marvel, check on whoever staples your books together. They're doing a lousy job. This is the third book this month that the centerfold has come out, or there's a page that's not stapled in the right order. Just something I thought you might want to check on.

No comments:

Post a Comment