Sunday, January 14, 2007

Guy Gardner - Collateral Damage #1 - DC



This one is written and drawn by Howard Chaykin. So I know I'm going to love it. And it's about war and conflict, which he does a fantastic job with, so I know it's going to be exciting and action packed. Of course we get a glimpse of many of the GLC, but obviously the focus is on Guy. I think we see the rest, so we can get an idea of how Guy is different. We start out dealing with the Rann / Thannagar war. Gnort has come to Guy because they want to mediate a truce, and they want someone who is unbiased. Looks like they picked the wrong guy for that. But really they mean someone who hasn't picked a side in the war. So they want Guy to do this, and they want to do it on neutral ground, at Guy's bar, Warriors. Guy not up for this, but both representatives are pretty hot babes, so he convinces himself. Well, come to find out we also have the Tormocks, who are out to eradicate the Vuldarian race. You know that's the one that mixed their blood with Guy's to turn him into the Warrior. So they see him as a threat. So, right during these peace talks, they show up to try to kill Guy. Now I know Guy is an idiot, sexist and completely obnoxious, but I'm willing to bet that by the end of next issue, through the battle and their heated engagements, that somehow Guy is going to end of getting with both these women. It shouldn't happen but it will. Mark my words. Anyways, nice book. I can't wait to see how it wraps up next issue. And does this mean that maybe we see a Guy Gardner monthly in the future? I hope so. Keep your fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment