Sunday, January 07, 2007

Friendly Neighborhood Spiderman #14 - Marvel


Ok, as much grief as I've given Peter David over this book, and his other Fantastickly Frivolous one, I have to admit that I really liked this issue. I really am a huge Spider-man fan. And I'm really digging what they're putting him, and the rest of his family, through right now. Which in the end is what I really like about this character, because, they just shake him up every now and then. Peter's worried about his rogues coming after the high school, and it's students, that he works at, so he issues a warning to the underworld figures, "Midtown High is off limits!". The Punisher tells one of the goons, in a recent attempt, "There's a squad of us guarding it 24/7. Any moths who get drawn to it's flame are going to get burned badly." Turns out though, that it was an image inducer that Peter borrowed from Hank. Anyways, Peter still worries about the students, but he also knows that he can't keep working there and putting them in danger. So, he goes undercover. He himself quits, but then he goes back in disguise and gets a job as an asst. coach, to make sure that he can still keep an eye on them. Also the Vulture is up to something, but we don't know what it is yet. By the way, I liked Scott Eaton's pencils on this issue also. Overall, a very good book.

No comments:

Post a Comment