Saturday, January 06, 2007

Creeper #4 - DC


Ok, we've gotten away from the origin finally, and into the meat of the story. We've also switched artists, unfortunately. We've gone from Justiniano to Steve Scott. Steve really doesn't do a bad job, but I am a big Justiniano fan. So, I was a bit disappointed when I picked up this issue. But, that's just me. Anyways, the Creeper, who seems to be getting better at working with Jack Ryder, even though he is . . . . . . actually . . . . .him, goes out to Gotham Tombs, a penitentiary in the harbor. He comes face to face with his counterpart, Gav, again. Who seems to be getting bigger every time he sees him. He takes a pretty sound beating from him, and when he recovers, he's strapped to a table, and face to face with the guy that made him the way he is. But, is everything as it seems? At the last minute the Joker makes an appearance, and the Batman is not far behind. Steve Niles, whom I think is relatively new to the comic scene, does a great job with the scripts. As I said, I'm a bit disappointed with the art, but again, that's just me. Overall it's a good book, but unfortunately only has 2 issues left. But, that's still a lot of time to shake things up.

No comments:

Post a Comment