Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Martian Manhunter #5 - DC


I really like this book. I like that job that Lieberman is doing on the script. And I really like Barrionuevo's artwork. I mean, just look at that cover. That's how good the whole inside is also. I do have to say though, that the story is getting a bit complicated. That's not necessarily a bad thing. But it is a little hard to keep up. Somebody in Jonn's refugee group is a traitor. And somehow Scorch is involved. But we don't know how yet because Jonn can't find her. Also the one that died, was carrying the plague that wiped out Mars in the first place. So we're not really sure if the Govt. developed it when they had them captive, or if he already had it. Also the young martian of the group, is really looking up to Jonn. He/she (?) really idolizes him. And since he/she is a part of that refugee group, she probably knows some stuff about the others that Jonn's not privy to. And now, on top of all this, we have a kind of interim Justice League, put together at the request of the Govt., chasing Jonn down too. Jonn has a captured Govt. employee, Mr. Giggs, that he's trying to get information out of. But, at the end of this issue, he thinks he gets free, only to come across the one that I think is the traitor. So he may not be long of this earth. Good story, with lots of plot twists. It's just a little out of focus for me right now. But I still like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment