Monday, January 15, 2007

Aquaman : Sword of Atlantis #46 - DC



Ok, I like this book. But, this one illustrates the problem with the "52" concept. We jumped into the future 1 year, with the "1 Year Later" story lines. And then, from what I understand, is that the "52" series is supposed to fill in most of the blanks. But, that series is up to the 30's, and we haven't even heard anything about Aquaman yet. So this storyline, has to slow down a little, in my opinion, so that it doesn't get to far out ahead of the "1 Year Later". If they get to far ahead, nobody will care anymore, because we've moved past that. But if they take it too slow, things will start to get sluggish. They kind of have the same problem over in Outsiders, in that, again, "52" is in the 30's and we still haven't heard what happened to Boomerang or how he ended up with the Outsiders. Now don't get me wrong, I still think that all in all they're good concepts. But this book, I feel, is having to deal with the downside of the experiment. Like I said, I still like this book. And don't mind reading a flashback story every now and then. Even if it is just a filler. But I'm just wondering how "52" is going to catch up to this. I'm not really criticizing either series. It's just an observation.

No comments:

Post a Comment