Saturday, January 13, 2007

52 - Week Thirty - DC


Here we go again. We start out with Nightwing trying to explain to Robin about why Bruce, or Batman, has disappeared all of the sudden. He says that it just got to be to much for him. Everything he's gone through in the last year or two. We move on to Renee in Gotham. She's staying with Kate, the new Batwoman, and Renee's ex. Charlie is in terrible shape because the cancer is overwhelming him ever since he left Nada Parabat. She's struggling with asking Kate for help, and still having feelings for her. I don't know if I have this right, but Bruce has gone to, I believe, the ten eyed surgeons of the empty quarter. Basically he's gone on a soul journey to try to cleanse himself of the darkness that he feels. They did that for him, but now he claims, "I asked them to cut out all the dark, fearful, paranoid urges I've allowed to corrupt my life . . . and they did. It's over. The Batman is gone." Back in Gotham, Batwoman is tackling some of Mannheim's animal men, and she's getting some help from Nightwing. Of course being the hound that he is, he comes on to her. "Trust me. I'm not your type", is her only response. But they have decided to coordinate their efforts in trying to find Mannheim. Also the final two pages about the origin of the Metal Men was really good. Of course Duncan Rouleau does an awesome job with the art on them. I love this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment