Monday, January 15, 2007

Loveless #13 - Vertigo


This sketch cover looks nothing like the cover of the book. Sorry. I have another problem with this particular issue, I'm lost. We stepped away from the storyline that we've been following for the last 12 issues. We're still in Blackwater. But I'm not sure if it's past, present or future, . . . . . from the other 12 issues. Don't get me wrong, the writing is superb. And the pencils are perfect for the era that they are depicting. I'm just not sure how this story fits in with what we've already seen. It's about a man, who lives in Blackwater. I assume he's come home from the war, and because of injuries, has to have part of his leg amputated. Well during this whole drama, he's thinking about a gal he knew when he was younger. From his recollections, I assume he's been off to war a long time. Anyways, he just can't get the woman out of his head, so he's writing her a letter. This letter serves as the main dialogue of the story. At the end, she gets the letter, but can barely remember who the guy is. And he's sitting on the ground next to his wheelchair, burying something. Like I said, I'm not sure how this fits into our continuity so far. Hopefully they explain it better next issue. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment