Saturday, January 13, 2007

Batman #659 - DC


I gotta' tell ya, I know Morrison and Kubert were only here for a couple of issues, but, I miss them already. The two of them were just. . . . . . . . artistic with their interpretation of the bath mythos. Perfection! Now I do admit that I like John Ostrander. I'm just feeling a bit disappointed. And, I really don't know what it is about Tom Mandrake's pencils. When he first came on the scene, ten or so years ago, I did like his pencils. But, then the more I saw of him, the less I liked his style. I really can't explain it, other than I just don't like it. It's nothing personal. Other than it's my personal opinion. But, I just don't really like his art now. Sorry! Anyways this one is about a new criminal on the scene, Grotesk. Whomever he is, he feels like he's a vigilante like Batman. In fact he thinks they should be on the same side. But his MO is to burn the people alive, and then take a piece of their skin to add to his mask. I know. Pretty gruesome. Anyways, he eludes Batman. And I think the whole thing is wrapped around the doctor that is helping Leslie in the clinic. For some reason there's a Russian mob after her, for something her husband did. And this Grotesk seems to be killing people of European descent. So I think they're connected. But we'll find out next issue. And hopefully after that, Morrison and Kubert will be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment