Saturday, February 10, 2007

Ultimate Fantastic Four #37 - Marvel


I really like Mike Carey's stories. And I really like Pasqual Ferry's art. But honestly, this book kind of confuses me for some reason. I don't know why. But this whole Seed Nineteen, and Dreamcatcher, and Tesseract, and alien world Pyx thing is just a little hard to follow. I understand that Thanos and Ronan are Ultimate versions of our guys. I think my problem comes from trying to remember the story from the last issue and how it fits together with this one. Like I don't really understand what this whole Ironwater Senate House is all about. I get that Thanos wants Reed to build him a cosmic cube. And I thought the idea of Dreamcatcher merging Johnny and Sue together, to make their power more threatening, was very original. But I don't really understand, at the end, what this whole universal weapon thing is and how Ronan came to Earth with this huge piece of Pyx. And how are they going to help Tesseract escape by retreating home? The concept is neat, but the whole thing leaves me with a lot of questions. I guess we'll have to wait until next issue, to see how they wrap things up.

No comments:

Post a Comment