Saturday, February 10, 2007

Batman and the Mad Monk #5 - DC


I really am a fan of Matt Wagner's. And I really do like the style of this story. It's set in the early years of the Batman's career. He's less sure of himself, and almost every experience is something new to him. My problem is, I'm bored with it. I really think this story couldve been told in 4 issues instead of 6. The last issue, especially, really dragged. Batman has gone to the castle to find out what's going on. But, he's ensnared in a trap. Or course he gets out, but not before he's severely tattered and torn. So much so, that the only stop he makes, before going back to the cave to get stitched up by Alfred, is to stop by and talk to the Commish. He get's some rest, and then heads out the next night to help save Julie's life. The issue ends with her tied up, literally, like a lamb for the slaughter. One more issue, and then we'll see what the next chapter holds for us. Over all a good book. I just get bored easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment