Saturday, February 17, 2007

the All New Atom #7 - DC


This series is getting stranger and stranger. Which, I guess, is the point. Anyways great story by Gail Simone. Fantastic cover by Ladronn. But the interior art, I'm not so thrilled with. It's ok. But, there's some pages that really feel he's trying to hard to get the John Byrne feel to it. Maybe the inker doesn't mesh well with him. I don't know. But, I don't really like it. But that's just my opinion. It seems as if this Dean Mayland, plays a more pivotal role in all of the chaos, than we had originally presumed. Sylbert Rudline, Dwarfstar, calls him from the atomic depths that he's been shrunken too. He's so small that he has absolutely no idea where he is. And he's been trying all week to reach the Dean. The Dean has no sympathy for him, "From what you've said, I suspect you're about the size of a dust mote. I live five miles from town. You can make it here . . . in a century or two I imagine. I'd start walking if I were you Sylbert." He also tells him, "I didn't want either side to win, young man. It is the schism that I worship." Truly a twisted individual. Meanwhile Ryan is trying to relax in his home, when he is confronted by a posse of cowboys. It seems that they were sent after him by one of the Linear men. There is a Dr. Hyatt that going to be coming to him, asking for help. If Ryan helps him, "if you give one moments assistance to Dr. Hyatt . . . I will wipe you from this plain. And your father, and your mother and your sister and a thousand generations before them. You will die without headstone or grave, Ryan. You will never have been. " But of course on the last page, who comes to Ryan's classroom for assistance? Half of Dr. Hyatt. Literally!

No comments:

Post a Comment