Saturday, February 10, 2007

Supergirl #13 - DC


Joe Kelly really has a fantastic handle on this character. His story-lines are great. They're fast paced and action packed. Plus I really like the direction he's taking Kara's character in. I told you I was missing Lashley on the Flash, but he does the cover of this issue. And what can I say about Ian Churchill, other that fan-frickin-tabulous. He's one of my favorite pencillers out there. The end of last issue, and all of this issue, we get introduced to Powerboy. "No relation." We don't get much of his back story, but we do get to see him in action. We get to see a lot of Kara's mission, though. But is it her real mission, or just a dream. Or was she programmed when she was in Argo City. Anyways, she's convinced that she's supposed to kill Kal-El. That her sole mission is to end the El line. These two bad guys come after her, feeding off her emotion I think, and the one notices how much hate she has in her, "You want my Hate? It's yours. But understand . . . . I don't hate Superman. That's why I left. That's why I ran and hid in a bottle. I love Kal-El . . . I hate myself. AND THAT'S NOT YOURS TO HAVE!!!", she screams as she takes both of them out. We also see Boomer getting scolded by Grace because, "One, you ever try to use the Outsiders to impress a skirt again, I'll kill you. And two, that girl is seriously messed up in the head, and you should run away screaming." Fantastic book, and great series. Even better than the last one. And that's saying a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment